• Contract position – 12 months
• 10 hours per week
• $31.25 per hour + superannuation
• Inner West location, close to public transport
At MCC Sydney we have built a house of worship for the loud and proud, the lost, the lonely and the enquiring alike. We have welcomed those with families and those without. We have catered to individuals who have felt alienated by other churches. We have supported beloved friends who are living with HIV. We have welcomed refugees, new migrants and visitors from abroad.
About the role
The Worship Coordinator role is pivotal to the life of our church. Initially, the role will oversee all aspects of our church services. This involves working within established processes and with our current pool of volunteers. Where a gap is identified, the Worship Coordinator would fulfill this role in the short-term. However, over the longer term, the role will shift to build individuals up to take on roles they may have previously not considered.
• Coordinate the preaching roster quarterly, securing preachers for both services;
• Liaise and assist morning and evening service roster coordinators to produce monthly rosters;
• Coordinate quarterly training calendar in line with approved budget;
• Submit monthly report to the Board;
• Maintain a clean and safe workspace, and abide by workplace health and safety policies and procedures;
• Other tasks as directed.
10 hours per week (with a probation period of 3 months). There may be a requirement to work nights and weekends.
• Formal qualifications in Religious or Pastoral studies
• Working With Children Check – cleared for paid work
• National Criminal Record Check
• Current First aid certificate (preferred)
• Minimum 2-5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
• Working with the LGBTIQ communities would be advantageous
• Mentoring or managing volunteers
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Self-starter who is able to build rapport with a diverse range of people
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Organised and able to meet deadlines
To apply candidates must submit a 1-page cover letter and an up-to-date resume which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role. The cover letter should include an example that demonstrates your approach to working with volunteers.
If you are interested in this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 02 9569 5122 for further information.
As this role will come into contact with children and vulnerable people, prohibited persons are not eligible to apply.
Applications close Sunday, 28 August 2022at 11: 59pm.