Australians are now able to legally marry a person of any gender. Many believe it's important that this is in a church, and so MCC Sydney is available as a venue for your wedding.

You don't need to be a member of our church, or of any other church, in order to get married with us.


Congratulations! You've decided to tie the knot!

MCC Sydney can make our church building available for your wedding. We can provide a basic 'no extras' wedding package or you can bring your own colours, ribbons and decorations.

We recommend contacting Rev. Robert Clark from MCC Good Shepherd to find out his availability to serve as your Marriage Celebrant. See Rev. Robert's website Weddings With Flair for more information.  (

Your first step is to contact MCC Sydney to check availability of the building on your planned dates, by emailing

Then contact the Marriage Celebrant who you would like to conduct your wedding ceremony. Arrange a meeting with them. You should have proof of identity with you such as a passport or birth certificate, and a photo ID such as a drivers licence. (These should be originals, not copies.)

The requirements from the Attorney General's Department are that you are over 18 years of age, not married to someone else, not already related to your intended spouse, and with no other impediment to your marriage. If you have previously been married, the Celebrant will need to see an original court document certificate of divorce. Your Celebrant can provide information if you have questions.

Discuss the Celebrant's fee with them (it's a private and legally binding agreement between you). You will then need to lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) with the Celebrant. You may not marry until one month after completion of this document.

You may choose to engage a wedding planner if you envisage something other than the 'basic' wedding package with MCC Sydney, or maybe do the extra planning yourselves. Otherwise, for $700 you can secure use of our church for your ceremony including sound and lighting.



Phone: (02) 9569 5122 (click to call)


Address: 96 Crystal St, Petersham, NSW 2049, Australia



Find out more about us (click here)



You can unsubscribe at any time.

Currently fewer than two emails per month.

  • Grey Facebook Icon